Monday, December 6, 2010

Evalynn's Blessing


Yesterday at church Brad gave Evie her name and blessing at church. It was a very sweet blessing! Evie garbled a bit during it but she tends to talk to daddy when he is talking to her anyway so it was cute. The boys did really good and Sam kept telling me how cute Evie looked in her dress.




I decided to make Evie's dress because the boys both wore the same outfit Brad wore when he was blessed but it just wouldn't work for a girl. I found a cute crochet pattern and decided it was time to try my first outfit and I would have to say it turned out pretty great! I was a little worried about it because this is the first time I had made any clothing other then hats but it was really not that hard as long as you can read a pattern. Mostly it just took a long time because it was done with such a small hook but it was well worth the effort! Evie looked so cute in it and I'm so glad to have something that we can keep for other baby's in our family to use and hopefully for our granddaughters some day. We were so glad to have everyone that was able to make it come to be there for Evie on her first steps on our Heavenly Fathers path for her!


No comments: