Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Party

The Oscar Party is over and the competition of who made the most correct Pics is the same as last year. Once again my wife whooped my butt which isn't fair because I pretend to know so much better when it comes to film. That is to say this year wasn't with out its Token wins and losses.
Since it's likely anyone reading this hasn't seen any of the films I'll just get to the major Awards.

Best Picture: Slum Dog Millionaire. Big fan of Danny Boyle but didn't see his movie
Best Actor: Sean Penn. Yah so what, a token Oscar for playing a gay Man. That is hate speech to even think that! He portrayed Harvey Milk (the courageous man for being openly gay in San Fransisco) better then anybody else and he let all us commie homo hating bigots understand clearly the shame we should feel for not supporting prop 8 (or would it be supporting prop 8? I don't know I don't live in CA) which CA voted no on. He let us know how important and sacred a right the sanctity of marriage is and how ashamed our grand kids will all feel for denying every person's right to be joyously married to the Person they love! He did not thank his wife Robin Wright Penn...

Best Actress: Kate Winslet. She's been nominated so many times I suppose it was about time she won. I didn't pick her, I didn't see The Reader and probably wont. Oh well at least she didn't go on and on and on about things that don't involve actual film and acting.

Final Talley AMY 12 and Bradly 8. I lose 2 years in a row. CURSES!

No comments: