Sunday, May 10, 2009

The PlayOff Beard.


You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzgy-

As anyone can tell, that can tell anyone. I have been a fan of Hockey since the great puck to the great Wayne Gretzgy's face incident of 19..90...something. Ask John he knows about it, EA SPORTS ITS IN THE GAME.

So Last year I decided in the interest of my son's dual citizenship and in the interest of taking up the interest of my wifeys proud heritage (the beaver is a proud and noble animal) I grew a play off beard. Oh you crazy superstisious Hockey fans and your ears. That's almost as silly as MJ wearing his North Carolina shorts under every game. Ask John he can tell you about that one.

Detroit Redwings were always my favorite team, probably becuase as a young child they were the only team that wore read. Red meaning Love in the language of flowers though in a very special case (The Geranium) Determination. John couldn't tell you that one. Not so smart are you coupe!

With out warning however something very special happend to my Redwings that year (last year) They won. Was it the determination of the players? The love they had for the game? Maybe if your into Ron Howard adaptions of history. I am not, it was obviously my Play off beard. 100% victory rate in the Stanley Cup and I look to go 2 for 2 this year as they pull a head of Anehiem and are one step closer to winning again. It isn't the work of one man that wins Hockey games, but one fans Beard.

Bradly Martin.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hey, why did I not know you had a blog? It's so good to see pictures of your fam. That makes a foursome. Hope all's well in your neck of the woods. Take Care.